6.01.2012

Just Doing Some Shadow Dancing

If you have me on Facebook, you would probably be able to tell that I spend lots of - or perhaps, WAY too much time rummaging through YouTube for videos of people singing and dancing in outrageous get-ups.

Sometimes, I do it for the laughs (like what the hell is going on here Boney M?). Else, it's because I really (and by really, I mean shamelessly) do enjoy the flamboyance of it all.

But my latest find - this man here, caught me off guard.

So who's this Caucasian Jerry Yan with the Fawcett 'do, you ask?

His name is Andy Gibb.

Some of you may immediately recognise him as the youngest of the Gibb brothers. Not me though - not till last week anyway (RIP, Robin and Maurice). He died years before I was even born.

However, I do actually recognise most of his songs! After all, like Liverpool FC - Bee Gees and Light & Easy are a few of my Dad's favourites that I've grown to love over the years.

And if you're about to run a Google search on Andy, you'll probably discover lots of stories about his addiction to drugs and how they took his life at the tender age of 30.

It's such a shame, really. But I find solace in knowing that if a girl like me can still find so much joy in his songs two decades after his death - he's definitely given the world much more than many others can in a 100 years. That's something many strife to achieve.

And just like the way I'm thankful for the likes of MJ, Cole, Louis, Elvis, Frankie, Johnny and your brothers - I thank you very much for that, Andy.

Pictured here with former flame, Victoria Principal. 

Here are my top 3 Andy Gibb picks. I hope you'll enjoy his calm (and yet, equally commanding) stage presence as much as I do.

No. 1: "Shadow Dancing"



No. 2: "All I Have To Do Is Dream"



No. 3: "I Just Want To Be Your Everything"



So catchy. So effortless. So... good.

Now, if only I could get my hands on a disco ball by September 25... I hear disco's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment